The ordaining clause of an ordinance shall be: “The City of North Bend ordains as follows:”
(1) Except as subsection (2) of this section allows adoption at a single meeting and subsection (3) of this section allows reading by title only, an ordinance shall be fully and distinctly read in open council meeting on two different days before being adopted by the council.
(2) Except as subsection (3) of this section allows reading by title only, the council may adopt an ordinance at a single meeting by the express unanimous votes of all council members present, provided the ordinance is read in full and then by title.
(3) A reading of an ordinance may be by title only if:
(a) No council member present at the reading requests that the ordinance be read in full or
(b) At least one week before the reading:
1. A copy of the ordinance is provided for each council member,
2. Three copies of the ordinance are available for public inspection in the office of the custodian of city records, and
3. Notice of their availability is given by written notice posted at the city hall and two other public places in the city.
(4) An ordinance read by title only has no legal effect if it differs substantially from its terms as it was filed prior to the reading unless each section so differing is read fully and distinctly in open council meeting before the council adopts the ordinance.
(5) Upon adoption of an ordinance, the ayes and nays of the council members shall be entered in the record of council proceedings.
(6) After adoption of an ordinance, the custodian of the city records shall endorse it with its date of adoption and the endorser’s name and title of office.
A nonemergency ordinance takes effect on the thirtieth day after its adoption or on a later day the ordinance prescribes. An ordinance adopted to meet an emergency may take effect as soon as adopted.